You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘holiday’ tag.
Just a few more pictures from my trip to Japan. I’ll update with some more RPG stuff before the weekend is over, but I know some of you have campaigns set in the East, so perhaps these pictures will be of use to you! If you redistribute them in some form, credit would be nice…but to tell the truth, it probably goes more to my Nikon J1 than to me. That little red camera seems to manage well in spite of the fact that it has me as an owner!
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Although I do love my gaming stuff, I’m always most thankful for all the wonderful gamers I’ve met during my lifetime. I fondly remember days at the dining room table with my first set of gaming friends from high school, with whom I played DnD; we had to hide the books from my GM’s mother because she thought the game was Satanic. I’m grateful to the players who taught me to love GMing Vampire and Changeling and built characters with too many points in Knowledge: Art History. I was lucky to meet the wonderful GM who ran Traveler for us and let us pretend we were werewolves and vampires in his space world without losing his temper–in spite of the fact that we kept derailing the game to get silver bullets for our guns. I’m grateful for the awesome gamers I’ve met at conventions who have improved my GMing and RPing and to the game designers who have been happy to discuss their love of design with me. Most of all, I’m so happy to game with my current group of players, who put up with my silly gobbo voices and my penchant for art-directed player handouts–and who are at least willing to entertain trying out any weird indie system I scare up. (Wait until you guys see what I just ordered!)
It’s good to have a life filled with so many articulate, interesting, thoughtful people who want to tell collaborative tales. May all of you have lives equally filled with excellent storytelling!
- @BrainClouds At least there's plenty of clear information about what you're supposed to do! 1 hour ago
- @BeefGriller @qstor2 You've got it!! 1 hour ago
- @foalpapers Meh. Many of the best people in my program didn't complete on time. 15 hours ago
- @BrainClouds I know. I do it, too, even though I know it's a bad idea. 16 hours ago
- @BrainClouds three words: NEVER. READ. FORUMS. 16 hours ago
- RT @_yourDM: You have a fondness for poetry. You were born in A Post-Apocalypse New York City. It is an allegory for you own despair. 23 hours ago
- @tinstargames Your tweets just made me totally bitter that I can't see Romania's act online!! 23 hours ago
- RT @deadorcs: I...I think this is the saddest toy ever. http://t.co/38IFdN8IaM 1 day ago
- @BrainClouds I want to help run it!! :) 1 day ago
- @_yourDM But are they chicken-sized?! 1 day ago
- @_yourDM Yes, as long as I can still talk. :) 1 day ago
- @pdunwin I think it's that really Brit combo of brutal awfulness and silly humor that does it for me. What's the point where it loses you? 1 day ago
- In the woods, enjoying the outdoors even though it's soggy. And yet...I kind of want to go see Gatsby again now. 1 day ago
- @BrainClouds Let me know how it goes! Some of the things others have made are really neat. 1 day ago
- Eight Minute Empire while camping. http://t.co/yPZO1yYLMI 2 days ago